Five Thousand nine hundred and eighty nine years and counting.
God’s 7000 year plan for the earth’s inhabitants is now approaching the 6000 year point. There were 4000 years from Adam to the commencement of Jesus’ ministry. His time on earth of teaching, healing and preparing His disciples, started in AD 29/30, the 15th year of Tiberius. Luke 3:1 That was 1989 years ago.
Luke 13:32 Listen, today and tomorrow, I shall be driving out demons and working cures and on the third day, I shall attain My goal.
This must be a prophecy, as in the next verse Jesus says; Luke 13:33 However, I must go on My way this day, tomorrow and the next, then meet My death in Jerusalem.
A matching prophecy is in Hosea 6:2 After two days He will revive us, on the third, He will restore us, that we may live in His presence. So, there are two “days” that the people of the world must wait until the Lord Jesus comes into His Kingdom and restores us. Just before that, His people are ‘revived ‘ by going to live in the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-31
In Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8 A thousand years are as one day in the Lords sight.
As to where Jesus is now, we can’t know what is happening in the heavenly realms, but, there are many instances of Jesus appearing to people who cry out to Him, He promises to be with us spiritually and He performs miraculous healings.
John 5:17 My Father is always at work, to this very day and I too am working.
John 14:23 Anyone who loves Me will heed what I say…. we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.
Matthew 28:20 ... Observe all that I have commanded you and I will be with you always, to the end of time.
We have five possible ways of discerning the year when the Lord will appear in His glory and commence His Millennial reign.
- Two thousand years from 29/30 CE, the commencement of Jesus’ ministry.
- The 7th year of the Sabbath year cycle falls on 2029/30 CE.
- 2030 is the 40th Jubilee year from 70 CE.
4. Ezekiel 4:6..40 year exile decreed for Judah. Multiplied by 7×7 – Leviticus 26:23 & 27 and confirmed by Isaiah 40:2. Equals 1960 years. From 70 CE + 1960 = 2030 The Return of the King
5. Logic: The world staggers on in its apostate and wicked ways. The many prophesied events still to occur before His Return must take place, so 13.5 years seems a quite likely timeframe.
Isaiah 46:10, Amos 3:7 and Revelation 1:1, state that the Lord reveals His plans to His servants.
It follows, therefore, that we, as His servants, by diligently searching His word, can find out and be warned of dramatic future events, to happen before the Return.